Advantages of Black Soap
African Black Soap
Perfect Envy Original African black soap, as the name implies, is native to Africa. It is a cleansing soap made from naturally occurring ingredients. Our black soap is made from a combination of plantain skin ashes, cocoa pods, palm tree leaves, palm oil, palm tree leaves, shea tree bark, shea butter, coconut oil, natural honey, lemon, and camwood. Featuring natural ingredients, African Black soap contains these basic ingredients that do an effective job of cleansing skin & hair without stripping off the skin’s natural oils like conventional soaps and shampoos do.
African black soap is considered to be safe and beneficial for all skin types—dry, oily, normal, combination, and even sensitive in some cases. For the most part, users of African black soap have found it to be beneficial and healing to the skin.
But while some find the soap moisturizing, others might find it drying. Skin will react in different ways, depending on the individual and the product, especially since black soap can vary from batch to batch and can have varying proportions and types of ingredients.
There are numerous recipes and ingredients used in making black soap, which begins with potash from plantain skins and leaves, and cocoa pods, mixed with palm kernel oil. Batches vary, so it’s possible that one batch could be fine for an individual while another has more of a certain ingredient that could possibly cause a reaction in the skin.
Below, is what each of the ingredients do to promote healthy skin:
- Plantain & Palm Leaves– Has a high minerals and vitamin content, such as iron and vitamin A & E, which are all vital for healthy skin. Vitamin E is known as the ‘skin protector’ and it is a powerful antioxidant while vitamin A boosts collagen production. These leaves also contain allantoin, which is also an ingredient in shea butter, that helps renew and regenerate skin cells thereby helping reduce scarring and blemishes.
- Cocoa Pod – Rich in antioxidants that fight off premature aging, cocoa pods also contain anti-inflammatory properties that soothe eczema, acne, and other inflammatory skin conditions. Also tones, firms and tightens skin as well as repairs & renews damaged cells.
- Palm Kernel Oil/Palm Oil – Has a high content of lauric acid that is a potent antibacterial agent. Also contains two forms of vitamin E, tocopherol and tocotrienol that both ward off free radicals, prevent UV damage, as well as help in cell renewal and regeneration. Palm oil also has anti-inflammatory properties and is useful in treating eczema, psoriasis and acne.
- Shea Butter/Coconut Oil – Rich in vitamin A, E, K and essential fatty acids. Known to moisturize skin, fade dark marks, spots & acne scars, as well as heal damaged skin, burns & sores. Also used to treat inflammatory skin conditions and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Camwood – is a red powder that comes from the heart or core of the Camwood tree after peeling the bark. It is used as a beauty regimen for cleansing both the face and the whole body. The after effects are, immediately leaving your skin smooth, supple and glowing. It’s a great natural beauty secret which has been used for years by local African women to maintain exceptional skin.
Warning: Before using any African black soap, make sure you aren’t allergic to any of the ingredients it contains.
The benefits of raw African black soap for beautiful skin
1. Cleanses Skin
Just like any other soap, African black soap does an effective job of cleansing your skin, ridding it of dirt, grime, dead cells, excess sebum and germs. However, unlike other soaps, African black soap does not completely strip your skin of its natural oils, thereby keeping it smooth and moisturized in addition to cleansing it.
2. Good for Sensitive Skin Types
African black soap is a popular choice for those with sensitive skin types that are prone to redness, rashes, and other skin infections. If your skin reacts negatively to commercial soaps or even gentle soaps, then you must try African black soap. It contains absolutely no hidden ingredients that can irritate the skin.
3. Soothes & Heals Eczema
The ingredients in African black soap have powerful anti-inflammatory properties which can help soothe and calm eczema. Instead of using harsh commercial soaps and body washes for eczema, lather up with African black soap instead, and you will notice how soothed your skin feels afterward!
4. Reduces Blemishes & Dark Spots
One of the miraculous properties of African black soap is its ability to reduce blemishes and even out skin discolorations. The Perfect Envy exclusive blend of nutrient-rich ingredients have something to do with this skin lightening effect. The pure oils and butters in African black soap are rich in vitamin A, E, and essential fatty acids that help lighten discolorations and reduce scarring.
5. Fights Facial & Body Acne
Need a gentle but effective cleanser for acne-prone skin? Then try Perfect Envy African black soap! It’s gentle, contains no chemicals and is a venerable acne-fighter! It’s also especially good for people with back acne. Use it twice a day to cleanse your face and body – in the morning and at night before bed for best results.
African black soap is made using a centuries-old recipe from Africa and has been used since ancient times to cleanse skin as well as treat skin infections naturally.
6. Calms Psoriasis
Have you got dry, itchy and flaky psoriasis patches? If so, quit using harsh body washes and cleansers that contains skin irritating chemicals & fragrances and use African black soap instead. It’s gentle, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and has excellent moisturizing properties as well.
7. Reduces Oily Skin
The natural cleansing and exfoliating action of African black soap removes excess sebum from deep within the pores and on the skin’s surface.
8. Minimizes Fine Lines & Wrinkles
Did you know that African black soap is rich in antioxidants? Ingredients, such as cocoa, are powerful antioxidants that ward off notorious free radicals that steal oxygen from healthy skin cells which causes them to become lifeless. Using African black soap helps keep away premature wrinkles and fine lines.
9. Evens Out Dark Spots
The vitamin and mineral-rich ingredients in African black soap, such as plantain leaves & shea butter which are both rich in allantoin, help lighten and reduce dark spots and marks on the skin.
10. Unclogs Blocked Pores
If you suffer from congested pores, use African black soap for a deep cleanse and to purify your skin from deep within, without stripping natural oils.
11. Helps Fade Acne Scars
Ingredients such as palm kernel oil, as well as shea butter, helps moisturize skin, naturally lighten, and fade out acne scars. Did you know that acne scars look more pronounced when the skin is dehydrated and flaky? Moisturizing with African black soap helps reduce the appearance of acne scars and fades them faster. The exfoliating properties also help slough off dead skin that normally collects above the acne scar.
12. Soothes Razor Bumps
Use African black soap before and during shaving to moisturize the skin thereby minimizing razor bumps. You can also use it after shaving to soothe & calm the red skin.
13. Eliminates Fungal Skin Infections
African black soap has antifungal and antibacterial properties that fight off bacteria, fungus, and other microbes that can cause skin infections.