The Importance of Natural Ingredients and Their Benefits
At Perfect Envy, we believe in using natural ingredients that help promote the natural beauty and integrity of your skin. We are a family-run business that has roots in utilizing the healing and moisturizing properties of shea butter and want to satisfy the demand for healthy and natural skin and hair care products. Body products with more ingredients than the number of friends you have, or chemicals you can’t pronounce, aren’t going to help your skin and won’t reflect your radiating confidence and beauty. Natural ingredients are becoming more popular, and we couldn’t be happier. You don’t have to live on a farm or make your own products to avoid using harmful chemicals that don’t benefit your skin’s natural health. Rather, all you have to do is skim through our products to find all-natural ingredients sourced from the Earth itself. Our knowledge of and experience in creating organic products will nourish your skin, enhancing its healing properties for a glow that comes from within and without! We import our shea butter directly from West Africa in its raw and unrefined form. We refine it ourselves in an eco-friendly manner that will retain its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and UV protection properties. If you’re interested in our products or our sourcing, please contact us for more information.
Using Natural Ingredients Is Better For Us
To clarify, natural ingredients are ones that develop naturally without chemical interference or manipulation. While there may be clear reasons why using natural ingredients are better for us, sometimes it’s better to be walked through the compelling facts that make Perfect Envy a great choice for reliable, safe, and natural products.
- Toxic chemicals in unnatural products aren’t regulated – The FDA does not need to approve the chemicals that are put into beauty products, which would be a good reason why you may never want to touch any beauty product you own ever again — unless it’s natural, that is. Playing it safe and using natural ingredients will give you peace of mind that you won’t be able to find with other products.
- Better for your skin – As outlined in the infographic, naturally-occurring ingredients are packed with healing properties that your skin loves and benefits from. The abundance of reasons that you should be using organic skin and beauty products include the fact that they are moisturizing, support skin cell growth, promote anti-aging, and help prevent damage from the sun.
- Minimal chances of irritation – Many ingredients within standard beauty products cause redness, dryness, and itchiness. These effects can be magnified in acne treatment products, which can be increasingly difficult to deal with. Natural ingredients like zinc oxide, tea tree oil, and lavender extract are gentler on the skin and are just as effective. More, people with sensitive skin react negatively to the many harsh chemicals found within skin and beauty products. Keeping it natural will generally not aggravate the skin.
- Natural ingredients feed your skin – As stated above, our skin absorbs what we put on it, which is why we should be focusing on putting natural and organic ingredients on our skin that feed our skin. Chemical toxins have destructive properties and will do more harm than good. Products made from flower and plant extracts help to nourish our skin, keeping it soft and supple.
- Natural ingredients promote long-term health and results you can rely on – While unnatural products with chemicals may make your skin feel smoother or your hair feel softer, they are damaging your well-being nonetheless and may actually enhance certain problems that could be solved with natural ingredients.
Many Conventional Beauty Products Contain Toxic Chemicals
Skin and beauty routines have undergone tremendous reform due to the realization that preventing illness and maximizing our health not only comes from what we put inside our bodies but on our bodies as well. Most of what we put on our skin enters our bloodstream, which is fun to think about until you also think about how many chemicals you put on your body, like lotions, deodorants, washes, and perfumes. Harmful substances are placed in skin products all the time — especially if that product happens to create a ton of revenue. Some toxic ingredients commonly found in beauty products all have contact with our skin, playing a major role in the status of our health.
- Parabens – There’s a good chance you’ve heard about parabens and are somewhat familiar with the term. The word has become a household term, as it can be found in many beauty and skincare products. Parabens are a hormone-disrupting chemical that alters hormone levels and could possibly impair fertility as well as raise your risk of certain types of cancer.
- Mineral oil – this sounds like it would be good, seeing as it comes from minerals in oil form. Don’t be mistaken, this is a by-product of the petroleum industry that can clog the skin, preventing it from releasing toxins.
- Lead – A bad ingredient to have in products, for obvious reasons. Lead is a cumulative toxicant that affects multiple body systems, being distributed to the brain, liver, kidney, and bones. It can have serious health consequences for children — high levels of exposure can cause coma, convulsions, and even death. The use of lead in products seems to be normalized, being found in lipsticks produced by Cover Girl and L’Oreal, which is especially upsetting since there is no level of lead exposure that is safe.
- Mercury – Some skin creams can contain toxic levels of mercury and other heavy metals. A lot of the skin creams containing mercury are primarily for skin lightening and anti-aging formulas. High levels of exposure or prolonged exposure can lead to mercury poisoning. If there are no listed ingredients on your beauty products, a good rule-of-thumb to have is not to use it.
- Formaldehyde – This can be found in many keratin-based hair straighteners. This carcinogen doesn’t pose too much of a hazard if you’re straightening your hair a couple of times a year, but more often than that is a huge risk.
- Aluminum – You may be familiar with aluminum in deodorants and antiperspirants. While it’s used in these products is normalized, it has been linked to breast cancer, osteoporosis, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Natural Products Are Better for the Environment
Conventional products make a mess of our health and our bodies — imagine what they do to the environment. Manufacturers of these products put chemicals into the air and water. Plus, these toxins are even being washed down your drain when you bring them home to use them. A good example of this can be found in the microbeads that are found in exfoliating products. These microbeads are washed down shower and sink drains every day by people across the world, but the disheartening fact is that they do not dissolve. Instead, they are washed into our waterways every day. Conventional products also require ingredients that need to be mined — like aluminum, lead, and petroleum — which further compromises the health of the environment.
Buying eco-friendly and sustainable products is easier than you think it is, and chances are, you already buy sustainable products. Sustainable cosmetic companies like Native, Burt’s Bees, Perfect Envy, and Drunk Elephant create high-quality, green products that are eco-friendly and don’t leave the same carbon footprint that conventional companies do. If you’re interested in integrating natural products into your beauty and skincare routine, then you found the right place to start! Contact us for more information about our natural ingredients, or simply take a look at our products and begin giving your body the nutrients it needs!